BI & Analytics Consultant
- Collecting customer information needs, information infrastructure, data sources and the ecosystem of end users
- Making queries, recommendations and BI architecture designs.
- Designing tabular models that provide data for reporting
- Implementing reports and semantic layer design methods and BI best practices.
- Recommending quality metrics and making sure that they are documented and tracked.
- Establishing the best visualization practices.
- Transferring knowledge to future users of the reportability tool.
- Taking training courses and technology certifications related to their tasks
- Participating and contributing content to the IT Community.
Skills and requirements
- Knowledge of the Microsoft BI suite (SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, DataFactory and DataFlows)
- Excellent mastery of ETL processes
- Excellent mastery of visualization tools (Power BI)
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in data warehouse concepts, dimensional or tabular models.
- Knowledge of UX / UI
- Good command of agile project management methodologies.
- Excellent visual, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent learning and adaptation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Orientation to problem solving
- Intermediate level of English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Computer Science or a related field (approved subjects related to the database management database)
- One year of experience working with Power BI (Tableau, Qlik Sense)
- Programming languages: T-SQL, PgSQL, Power Query M, DAX
- Cloud services: Azure, AWS
- Database: Postgres
- Mass storage: Datalakes, S3